Wow! 50 requests within the first week of opening for requests in February. I’m so pleased and humbled by such interest in my two cents but I’ve got to close the gates again until further notice to work through them. Will update here again soon!
If you are an author and would like to have me review a self-published book, please read these guidelines below to make sure it’s a match for this blog. I appreciate the interest in having your book reviewed on Amid the Imaginary!
- Only self-published works
- Genres considered for review: Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian, Steam Punk
- Any length of work is accepted, eg. Novel, novelette or short story
A few things you can expect:
- I will read the book cover to cover
- A straight forward, but tactful, opinion of the work and a rating between one and five stars (five being the highest rating)
- It may take some time to read the book depending on if I’m already reading another’s, but I will give an estimation of when you can expect to see the review.
- I will post the review to the blog, Facebook and, upon request, to the book’s Amazon page as well.
Please send your request to me via e-mail at: email@example.com
Please include the genre, length of the work, a summary or blurb of the story and a copy of the book cover (Please attach this in the e-mail. It will be used to publish with the review). I accept PDF, Word and ereader formats (has to be Kindle compatible format). I do not accept physical copies as I don’t give out my address.
One final note: I do not accept payment for any book review to protect the integrity of the book reviews posted here.